Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Wheaton Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
James J. Cassidy, 51, 1720 Kilkenny Drive, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident and illegal transportation of alcoholic liquor at 3:42 p.m. June 22 at Butterfield and Naperville roads.
An unknown person attempted to pry open the wood screen door on the back door of a house between 7:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. June 17 in the 1500 block of Hill Avenue.
• Veronica Zavala, 32, 1217 Kings Court, West Chicago, was charged with retail theft at 3:57 p.m. June 22 in the 400 block of South County Farm Road.
• A pedal go-cart was stolen from a front yard at 1 p.m. June 21 in the 200 block of North Woodlawn Street.
• Two unsecured bicycles were stolen from a driveway between 7 p.m. June 20 and 7 a.m. June 21 in the 1400 block of East Liberty Drive.
• Mayela Perez, 22, 1486 Stonebridge Drive, was charged with retail theft at 2 p.m. June 20 in the 400 block of South County Farm Road.
• Dwayne A. Merkerson, 23, 21W200 Tee Lane, Itasca, was charged with retail theft and criminal damage to property at 11:25 a.m. June 17 at Main and Wesley streets.
Criminal damage and defacement
• The trunk of a vehicle parked in a parking lot was scratched between 7 a.m. June 14 and 10:30 a.m. June 23 in the 100 block of North President Street.
• Two vehicles did doughnuts on a newly dressed gravel pad prepared for the DuPage County Fair at 8:59 p.m. June 12 in the 2000 block of West Manchester Road.
• Eric M. Miller, 20, 325 Park Ave., was charged with criminal damage to property and arrested on warrant for failure to appear for possession of alcohol by a minor at 11:25 a.m. June 17 at Main and Wesley streets.
• Samantha L. Geraghty, 19, 73 Kensington Circle, was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:40 a.m. June 13 at Lorraine and Roosevelt roads.
• Elwood R. Berka, 46, 405 W. Front St., was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 8:43 p.m. June 12 at 326 W. Liberty Drive.
• Patrick M. Olszewski, 22, 1N376 Purnell St., Carol Stream, was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance and felony obstructing justice at 7 p.m. June 12 at the Wheaton Police Department.
Jacob D. Reed, 21, 2S224 Continental Drive, Warrenville, was arrested on warrant for theft of services at 8:30 p.m. June 20 at 900 W. Liberty Drive.