Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Downers Grove Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Man allegedly videotaped up woman’s skirt
A Woodridge man was arrested after allegedly placing his cellphone upside down on his shoe and then using it to videotape up a woman’s skirt at 2:40 p.m. July 17 inside Toys R Us, 1540 75th St.
A store employee told police the man, later identified as Steven R. Meyers, allegedly followed a woman around the store, and then stopped to place the cellphone on the top portion of his sandal.
When the woman stopped at the cash register, he stood behind her and extended his foot briefly between the woman’s legs, underneath her skirt.
The employee wrote down Meyer’s license plate number as he left the store. Police stopped the vehicle and charged Meyers, 39, 1329 Hillcrest Lane, Woodridge, with disorderly conduct.
More koi fish reported stolen
A resident in the 1200 block of Brookside Lane told police about 40 koi fish were taken from a small, decorative backyard pond. The resident told police the fish went missing in March, but she didn’t report them stolen until July 17 when she read about 15 koi fish went missing from another backyard pond in Downers Grove this month. The 40 fish cost about $50 each, she told police. There are no suspects.
Marijuana possession charged
Kaitlynn Nelson, 20, 4036 Puffer Road, Downers Grove, was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 9:20 p.m. July 14 in the 4000 block of Saratoga Avenue.
• A credit card was reported stolen from a vehicle between 5 p.m. July 15 and 8 a.m. July 16 in the 400 block of Indianapolis Avenue.
• Two Rubbermaid bins full of Christmas decorations, one handsaw, one hammer and 20 bottles of various expired medication were reported stolen from a detached garage between 8 p.m. July 9 and midnight July 10 in the 4900 block of Florence Avenue.
Retail theft charged
Anthony R. Ledesma, 28, 1677 Briarcliffe Blvd., Wheaton, was charged with retail theft at 1:15 p.m. July 15 in the 3300 block of Finley Road.
Property damage reported
Obscene graffiti was discovered at 9 a.m. July 14 on the wall of a building in the 4200 block of Belle Aire Lane. The graffiti was written in orange spray paint. Glass to the front door was also broken and a wooden panel to the garage door was kicked in. There are no suspects.
• A total of $4,565 in payroll checks were reported stolen from a business at 4:19 p.m. July 17 in the 6000 block of Carpenter Street. There are no suspects.
• Two spare tires were reported stolen from rental vans sometime between 8:30 p.m. July 11 and 7:05 a.m. July 12 in the 7400 block of Lemont Road.
Domestic battery charges
• Jeffery W. Headley, 34, 320 Maple Ave., Downers Grove, was charged with two counts of domestic battery and interference with reporting of domestic battery at 11:55 p.m. July 15 at the Downers Grove Police Department.
• Ingrid S. Cruz, 50, 6240 Chase Ave., Downers Grove, was charged with two counts of domestic battery at 8:19 a.m. July 16 at her residence.
• Tyler M. Vlna, 23, 6812 Penner Ave., Downers Grove, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, expired driver’s license and speeding at 2:06 a.m. Thursday at Stonewall Avenue and 63rd Street.
• Dallas D. Dean, 38, 29W060 Bolles Ave., West Chicago, was charged with driving under the influence of drugs at 9:07 a.m. July 17 at Belmont Road and Ogden Avenue.