Overcast
74°FOvercastFull Forecast

No one injured when Cary dryer catches fire

Published: Friday, July 4, 2014 12:25 a.m. CDT

CARY – A dryer fire in a Cary home resulted in no structural damage or injuries Thursday evening, a fire official said.

The Cary Fire Protection District was dispatched at 7:33 p.m. Thursday to 116 N. Second St. for a dryer that caught fire, Capt. Dennis Krenz said.

The department is investigating the fire, which started in a natural gas dryer with no clothes in it, he said. It appeared to be accidental. No one was hurt in the fire, Krenz said.

– Emily K. Coleman

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Suburban Life Media.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all SLM instances for analytics purposes.

Sandburg calls out 3 schools for ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

More videos »
 

Reader Poll

Do you make donations to charity?
Yes, every year to the same one
Yes, to different charities at different times
On a case by case basis
Not currently