Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Downers Grove Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
More than $2.5K in tools reported stolen
Surveillance footage showed a man steal more than $2,584.23 in tools between 11:20 and 11:40 a.m. July 25 from a store in the 900 block of Ogden Avenue. A manager noticed the air hammer, impact wrench, ratchets, wrenches, grinder and drill missing July 29. The suspect allegedly seen on camera was described as a black man in his 30s with short black hair, wearing a black T-shirt and blue jeans.
Veronica F. McCall, 34, 3S010 Sunset Drive, Warrenville, was charged with domestic battery at 2:52 p.m. July 25 at Butterfield and Naperville roads.
Gary A. Poss, 54, 659 S. River St., Aurora, was charged with urinating in public at 4:42 p.m. July 28 at Warren and Pershing avenues.
Theft and burglary
• A $20 bill was reported stolen from a purse left in an unlocked apartment between 2 a.m. and 9:40 a.m. Friday in the 300 block of Burlington Avenue.
• Guadalupe Cervantes, 26, 1275 Marshall Blvd., Aurora, was charged with theft at the police department at 9:05 a.m. July 30.
• Am unlocked Mongoose mountain bike was stolen from the Main Street Depot between 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. July 30.
• About $200 in cash and $1,610 in jewelry was stolen from a store between 5:30 p.m. July 29 and 11:15 a.m. July 30 in the 5100 block of Main Street.
• A 27-inch iMac was stolen while in transit with a moving company from Los Angeles to Downers Grove between 9 a.m. July 22 and 3 p.m. July 29.
• Eleven nitrous oxide gas cylinders valued at $2,024.59 were stolen from Good Samaritan Hospital at 10:48 a.m. July 25. An employee said the suspect, described as an Hispanic man standing about 5-foot-8 and wearing an Air Gas logo shirt, claimed he had to inspect the cylinders because there was a recall on the valves. The suspect allegedly left with the cylinders.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from under a vehicle parked between 10:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. July 23 in the 4800 block of Main Street.
• John S. Sturm, 20, 4417 Highland St., Downers Grove, was charged with criminal trespass to vehicle at 2:27 a.m. Friday in the 4600 block of Prospect Avenue.
Jennifer N. Lampley, 22, 464 Gregory Ave., Glendale Heights, was charged with conducting a massage without wearing proper clothing, conducting a massage without a valid license and for being a massage employee offering to perform an act of touching a sexual area at 6 p.m. July 24 in the 1100 block of Butterfield Road.
• Linda J. Johnson, 56, 458 Rice Street, Bellwood, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane usage and failure to signal at 10:06 p.m. Saturday in the 3800 block of Highland Avenue.
• Brian M. McMillen, 43, 7901 Oakview Lane, Woodridge, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, improper turn, speeding and no insurance at 10:17 p.m. Sunday at Maple and Main streets.